Word of mouth has been in the shadows for long enough. So big that no one department can own it. Struggling for its rightful place in the marketing mix.
Word of mouth built this city and is the buzz that moves it today. And when we say “WOM,” we mean any business action that earns a customer recommendation – social, influencers, advocates – you get the picture.
It’s outlasted any and every other form of marketing. But unlike those other things, word of mouth isn’t a tool. It’s the toolbox. It’s not a tactic. It’s a philosophy. And it’s time it got its due. Because WOM is the only thing that’s left when your brand is stripped bare of everything else – it’s your very reputation. And it’s there whether you treat it as marketing or not.
And let’s get something perfectly, unapologetically clear: This. Stuff. Works. WOM is proven. Has been measured. Studied. Dissected. And put back together. It outlasts any trend. It amplifies authentically. It motivates every generation. Heck, it even boosts your paid plan. It’s not something that you place your marketing bet on. Because WOM is a sure thing.
WOM is rooted in something that’s rare in marketing - TRUST. A quality so powerful it transforms the way consumers relate to brands. WOM changes attitudes and behavior across platforms, devices and generations. And because of that, a word of mouth revolution has begun.
Word of Mouth. This. Stuff. Works.
Editor’s Note: Special thanks to Geno Church of Brains on Fire and Spike Jones of Spredfast for wordsmithing WOMMA’s Manifesto in a way that captures our passion for the power of WOM.
- Review, Preview - December 9, 2016
- WOMMY Awards and WOMM Hall of Fame: The Importance of Celebrating Successes - October 31, 2016
- 3 Tools that will Shape the Future of WOMM - September 27, 2016
- The WOMMA Code of Ethics – It’s What Sets Us Apart - August 23, 2016
- Is Your WOMM Measuring Up? - July 5, 2016
- Is Social Media Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing? - April 26, 2016
- The 3 Pillars of WOMM - March 9, 2016
- The WOMMA Manifesto - February 9, 2016
- Elevating WOMM - February 4, 2016