Influenster is a product discovery and reviews platform that helps more than 3 million socially savvy consumers find and test new products as well as get advice to making better shopping decisions. With over 14 million reviews on our platform (99% of them not generated from product trials), consumers use Influenster to explore the latest products, gain fresh insight, pick up new tips, and share their opinions with others.
We facilitate direct connections between brands like YSL, Keurig, Quaker, L'Oréal and targeted consumer groups to drive trials, populate online reviews and offline conversations, create social media buzz, conversations and reviews, and gain valuable market insights on our active community of micro-influencers. By combining data on members' social followings and their platform activity, we're able to hyper-target members for campaigns and help brands foster authentic relationships with their target consumer, building engagement and creating brand advocates out of them.
Aydin Acar, CEO and co-founder of Influenster, is named one of Entrepreneur’s 25 Inspiring Entrepreneurs Under 40 Who Are Creating the Next Big Thing. Under Aydin’s leadership, Influenster has become a full-fledged product reviews platform where socially savvy consumers come to discover new products and share their opinions with others. He has built Influenster as a data-driven hub of consumer activity that collects an average of over 650 data points per member that marketers can activate for insights. Responses to Influenster surveys have held steady at over 82% return due to the gamified elements that drive response rates and eclipse the research industry average.
Originally from Istanbul, Turkey, Aydin started his first business at the age of 14 selling customizable business cards to small businesses around his neighborhood. He received his BA in Political Science at Hunter College before going on to receive his MA in Political Science and Masters of Survey Research from the University of Connecticut.
What three adjectives best describe your organization?
- Adaptable: In this ever-changing digital landscape, we constantly innovate and evolve to stay fresh and relevant to our brands.
- Authentic: Influenster is a hub where trending consumer activity is curated based on authentic content that our users generate.
- Transparent: We are transparent in what we do and how we do things. The more open we are about our actions, the more accountable we are to our stakeholders.
If your marketing team could be on any magazine cover, what magazine would it be and what would the headline say?
Fast Company: “Influenster Is Reinventing How You Find New Products”
Present company excluded, what brand(s) do you admire the most and why?
Proctor & Gamble, for its innovation and growth. It is an almost-two-hundred-year-old company with a disruptive startup mentality when it comes to brand marketing – a role model for all other marketers.
As for younger brands doing really cool things and staying ahead of the curve, I admire e.l.f., LVMH and Kendo.
What do you most want to achieve through your membership in WOMMA?
We want to be part of the WOMM conversation with brand innovators and decision makers to understand their needs and where the industry is headed. We also want to be connected with other like-minded, ethical WOMM companies who are all here to make a difference in how consumers their share their opinions with others.
Name a favorite online resource for word of mouth marketing (other than womma.org).
Adweek and Ad Age.
- The Unmetric Brand Report: WOMMA Member Campaigns We Love (August 2017) - July 28, 2017
- The Unmetric Brand Report: Social Media Campaigns We Love (July 2017) - July 26, 2017
- TALK Influence @ New York 2017 - July 19, 2017
- The Unmetric Brand Report: WOMMA Member Campaigns We Love (July 2017) - July 7, 2017
- WOMMA TALK Influence Chicago 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Announcement: WOMMA Leadership Transition - May 22, 2017
- New Member Spotlight: SOME Center for Employment Training - May 19, 2017
- New Member Spotlight: Influenster - May 2, 2017
- TALK Tour Austin 2017 - April 20, 2017
- Open for Public Comment: WOMM Measurement Guidelines - April 4, 2017