What John Michael Kohler saw in 1873 when he looked at a cast iron horse trough was the bathtub that launched a global plumbing company. That pioneering spirit of ingenuity has defined Kohler Co. from its earliest days. A visionary, John Michael Kohler understood the two essentials of exceptional design: An uncompromising commitment to craft and a willingness to be bold.
Who we are:
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wisconsin, Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies comprised of more than 33,000 associates. With more than 48 manufacturing locations worldwide, Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of: kitchen and bath products; engines and power systems; premier furniture, cabinetry and tile; and owner/operator of two of the world’s finest five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations in Kohler, and St Andrews, Scotland.
We endeavor to:
- live on the leading edge of design and technology in product and process.
- maintain a single level of quality across all product and service categories. Prices will vary based on differences in materials, functions and design detail, but should never vary in quality.
- provide consistent, quick delivery to the end user.
- employ service-minded people who enjoy solving problems, who are passionate about their work and the business, who take ownership and are accountable.
- reinvest an average of at least 90% of our earnings back into the company.
Headquarters: Kohler, Wisconsin
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Industry: Consumer Goods
Type: Privately Held