WOMMA’s peer-to-peer networking councils are currently developing three tools that will shape the conversation and establish best practices for influencer, advocacy, and social media marketing. Here’s a sneak preview of what’s in store for the future. Over the past few months the WOMMA Councils have been working on helpful tools and guides for word of mouth marketers.
1. The Ethics & Legal Council is currently drafting an updated version of the WOMMA Ethics Assessment Tool designed to help marketers identify and eliminate unethical word of mouth marketing tactics before they are implemented. This group has also just completed an update of the Code of Ethics that was released in time for our TALK Ethics event held in Washington, DC.
2. The Research & Measurement Council is working on Measurement Guidelines designed to establish transparency rules and standardize measurement reporting for word of mouth marketers. Earlier this year they defined metrics to be used in reporting results for WOMMY award submissions.
3. The Influencer & Advocacy Marketing Council is collaborating on The WOMMA Guide to Influencer & Advocacy Marketing, a comprehensive guide for marketers to identify and activate influencers and advocates and jump start their marketing programs. From definitions and case studies with analyses, to guidelines for best practices and training tools for organizations, this guide will be an actionable resource for marketers to use.
As you can see, WOMMA council members not only benefit from exclusive activities, webinars and networking with other word of mouth marketing practitioners, they also lend their ideas and expertise to make meaningful contributions to the future of our industry. We appreciate their dedication and leadership!
Stay tuned for announcements about the release of these WOMMA council projects. The Ethics Assessment Tool and Measurement Guidelines are due out later this year and the Guide to Influencer & Advocacy Marketing is scheduled to release in spring 2017.
What questions do you have about measurement or influencer marketing? Do you have any case studies you’d like to see featured? Share them by commenting here or contact Michael Pryzbylski at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about participation in WOMMA councils and these projects.
- Review, Preview - December 9, 2016
- WOMMY Awards and WOMM Hall of Fame: The Importance of Celebrating Successes - October 31, 2016
- 3 Tools that will Shape the Future of WOMM - September 27, 2016
- The WOMMA Code of Ethics – It’s What Sets Us Apart - August 23, 2016
- Is Your WOMM Measuring Up? - July 5, 2016
- Is Social Media Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing? - April 26, 2016
- The 3 Pillars of WOMM - March 9, 2016
- The WOMMA Manifesto - February 9, 2016
- Elevating WOMM - February 4, 2016