As the year draws to a close, here’s a look back at some of the Significant Accomplishments of your organization over the past year and a preview of what’s on the horizon.
2016 was a pivotal year in which we concentrated on increasing member engagement, aligned our content and programming around WOMMA’s 3 content pillars – Influencer & Advocacy Marketing, Research & Measurement and Ethics & Compliance – and rolled out a new event model, in synch with member feedback and market trends.
We welcomed 23 new and rejoining members … developed a new member onboarding experience that included a 12-month member engagement plan … and increased communication overall with regular monthly updates from our WOMMA Member News and constantly-refreshed ongoing conversation and thought-leadership in the ALL THINGS WOMM Blog.
Impressive progress was made in revitalizing WOMMA’s peer-to-peer networking councils. In addition to aligning the councils with our 3 content pillars, we also:
- Dramatically increased council membership, participation and programming
- Developed a new structure with a co-chairs to cultivate leadership and ensure continuity
- Recruited new talent for the leadership roles.
The WOMMA message reached thousands of people through our Networking and Education initiatives. A highlight was the TALK Tour – the foundation of our New Event Model – designed to appeal to the needs of today’s marketers for fast-paced, cutting-edge thought leadership and networking opportunities in convenient, local, major markets.
That’s a perfect segue to a preview of TALK 360° | The WOMMA Summit. This two-day event taking place in April at the Times Center in New York City will showcase experts and talented practitioners, reveal emerging technologies and groundbreaking research, and share case studies and best practices. Marketers of all levels, get ready to be awed, inspired and educated at THE Big Event of 2017. Make sure you’re there to join the conversation!
On behalf of all of us at WOMMA we want to thank you for your wonderful support over the past year. We could not accomplish all of this without you, our dedicated members. We wish you much joy during the holiday season and all the best in the new year.
I’d also like to add a personal note of thanks for letting me serve as WOMMA’s Chair for the past year. WOMMA is a vital organization with an important mission and a passionate community. Together we are elevating the entire word of mouth marketing industry. A new Chair, Spike Jones, will be taking over the reins on the first of the year and I will transition to the role of Immediate Past Chair. You will be in very capable hands under Spike’s leadership. He’s an expert in word of mouth marketing and strategic development – plus a very creative and overall impressive guy! Tune in again for more news and updates in our next WOMMA Member Newsletter in early January.
- Review, Preview - December 9, 2016
- WOMMY Awards and WOMM Hall of Fame: The Importance of Celebrating Successes - October 31, 2016
- 3 Tools that will Shape the Future of WOMM - September 27, 2016
- The WOMMA Code of Ethics – It’s What Sets Us Apart - August 23, 2016
- Is Your WOMM Measuring Up? - July 5, 2016
- Is Social Media Marketing Word of Mouth Marketing? - April 26, 2016
- The 3 Pillars of WOMM - March 9, 2016
- The WOMMA Manifesto - February 9, 2016
- Elevating WOMM - February 4, 2016