Here are some general stats from the social media performance of WOMMA member brands that have an active social media presence. The brands we analyzed include American Express, Behr, Burger King, Coca-Cola, GoDaddy, Honda, IBM, Miller Lite, Nissan, Philips, Smuckers, Teach for America and Under Armour.
- On average, these brands posted 20 times to Facebook, 19 times to Instagram and tweeted 102 times
- Photos brought in the most engagement on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Brands were more likely to post a photo than any other type of content on Facebook and Instagram. On Twitter, statuses that contain plain text and links took the lead.
- Philips received the most engagement on Facebook while Nissan topped the charts on Twitter and Instagram.
Let’s take a closer look at the content strategies that paid off last month:
The Celebrity Effect: Under Armour
Under Armour amassed over 6,000 shares with a video featuring Stephen Curry. They congratulated the star athlete on helping The Golden State Warriors clinch the NBA title.
Under Armour continues to witness smooth sailing on social media by leveraging the athletes they sponsor. On Instagram, they roped in the most likes and overall engagement on a photo of Curry and Tom Brady at a golf course:
Under Armour also uses the power of the social video to their advantage. Almost half of all their Facebook content were videos. Their lead in the number of views per video could be a driving factor in their engagement.
Philips’ got it all
Philips’ content strategy is remarkable for its variety. On Facebook, they posted 13 times in June. These included posts with healthy recipes to ones that feature the latest innovations in healthcare. This way, they cater to a wider audience and can produce a steady stream of content.
Additionally, they have promoted a major chunk of their content. By doing so, they can guarantee that their content gets to a wider audience. They can also ensure that their posts around different topics reach the interest groups that are most likely to interact with it.
Posts that shared facts and news about medical innovations fetched more shares. Recipes brought in the most likes. Here’s an example:
Nissan scored with their Champions’ Trophy tweets
Nissan tapped into the cricket frenzy and won engagement. As sponsors of the ICC, they joined in on the conversation around Champions’ Trophy. By using contests, Nissan solidified their lead in engagement.
— Nissan (@Nissan) June 17, 2017
— Nissan (@Nissan) June 16, 2017
Honda ensured that Civic Type R receives a warm welcome
Honda was able to generate excitement around the upcoming launch of their Civic Type R with photos that offered a sneak peek at the model. Followers could also place their bids on the vehicle:
— Honda (@Honda) June 7, 2017
This is a good way to gauge customer sentiment around the launch of a new product. Most of the replies Honda received include audience’s response to the new model.
Behr Paint helped their audience imagine
Behr Paint’s use of the carousel format is extremely interesting. Rather than use just photos or videos, they chose a shade as the color of the month. This then features in a series of photos which show the distinct feel the color will bring to each room of the house. This can help customers better visualize the shade of paint in their own homes and thereby drive them to buy it.
The key to social media health is consulting past data to figure out what is working for your brand and in your industry. Find out how Unmetric can supercharge your social media strategy and help you create more compelling content.
- The Unmetric Brand Report: WOMMA Member Campaigns We Love (August 2017) - July 28, 2017
- The Unmetric Brand Report: Social Media Campaigns We Love (July 2017) - July 26, 2017
- TALK Influence @ New York 2017 - July 19, 2017
- TALK Influence @ San Francisco 2017 - July 19, 2017
- The Unmetric Brand Report: WOMMA Member Campaigns We Love (July 2017) - July 7, 2017
- WOMMA TALK Influence Chicago 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Announcement: WOMMA Leadership Transition - May 22, 2017
- New Member Spotlight: SOME Center for Employment Training - May 19, 2017
- New Member Spotlight: Influenster - May 2, 2017
- TALK Tour Austin 2017 - April 20, 2017