POSITION TITLE: VP/DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
INDUSTRY: Nonprofit Trade Association
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
BASIC FUNCTION: Develops and manages the marketing strategy and plans for all Association programs and services, including the Annual Convention. Directs all Association communications and public relations activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and manage marketing plans for the Association as well as for its products, services, events and awards.
• Assist the Member and Development teams with membership and sponsorship materials.
• Create and manage all marketing budgets.
• Manage member needs assessment projects.
• Evaluate and proactively manage marketing efforts, including (1) cost/benefit analyses and optimization of content, communications, programming and advertising AND (2) analysis and support of member recruitment and acquisition.
• Manage media relationships, especially the trade press.
• Manage the development and execution of all end user advocacy/public relations campaigns.
• Plan and manage content/editorial calendars.
• Direct the communication activities of the Association with both internal (member) and external audiences.
• Manage the strategic development and supervise maintenance of Association website/blog including content and functionality.
• Supervise the development of the content and production of Association newsletter(s).
• Manage the relationships with outside vendors utilized for communications materials (freelance writer, designer, social media manager, printers, etc.).
• Evaluate various member communication options and recommend choices.
• Manage regular member communications through utilization of a variety of technologies.
• Serve as project manager for all Association marketing initiatives.
• Recommend additions and revisions to the Association programs and services to the chief staff executive.
• Monitor market trends and innovations, and make recommendations for appropriate Association response.
• Attend board, Association, strategic planning, committee, and other meetings as required.
• Attend the Annual Convention and other events to provide staffing and other duties as needed.
• Reports to the chief staff executive and works with other team members as required.
• Directs work of independent consultants selected to assist Association in its communications and marketing activities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Public Relations; master’s degree would be a plus.
• 8-10+ years’ experience and a proven track record of marketing success.
• Direct experience managing digital marketing and advertising programs (paid search, email marketing, SEO, paid social, etc.).
• Experience creating and executing PR campaigns across a full line of digital and traditional channels.
• Experience with standard office productivity applications, sales/contact management software, website platforms, content management systems, communication platforms and analytics preferred (Office 365, Salesforce, WordPress, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, and Google Analytics).
• Strong analytical skills and CRM/database segmentation experience.
• Must possess excellent creative, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
• Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing Board of Directors and Governing Members.
• Self-reliant, results-oriented, ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team player and leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical administration and financial initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with C-suite marketing executives and Board of Directors.
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical, as well as strategic, thinker in a virtual/home office environment.
• Passionate about WOMMA’s mission of advocating the promotion and practice of ethical word of mouth marketing.
At WOMMA, we are building a team that can thrive in an open & collaborative work environment. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome challenges. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
WOMMA is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We believe a diverse team builds a better product.
Please submit your resume (including LinkedIn profile URL) and cover letter to email@example.com for immediate consideration.