The 8th Annual WOMMA Summit is packed full of great speakers and networking opportunities, but what fun would traveling to Hollywood be without a little sightseeing? We’ve compiled a list of 10 things not to miss while in Hollywood, California.
Share your sightseeing and WOMMA Summit experiences with the hashtag #WOMMAsummit.
West Coast staple, In-N-Out, has three burger varieties: hamburger, cheeseburger and double-double. French fries, fountain drink and milkshakes are available. You can not visit Southern California without someone ensuring you’ve eaten at In-N-Out.
Founder, Ralph Rubio, introduced America to the fish taco in 1983. Since then, Rubio’s serves delicious fish tacos and fresh Mexican food. My personal favorites are the Original Fish Taco and Salsa Verde Shrimp taco, but since Langostino Lobster is in season, you must try the burrito.
TMZ Tour // 2 minute walk
See the hottest spots in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and the Sunset Strip. Hear inside information and never revealed details about Hollywood celebs, and the stories that TMZ made famous.
Enjoy panoramic views of the Hollywood sign and the amazing Los Angeles skyline, Griffith Observatory, and mountain views by hiking or driving to the famous Hollywood sign.
Hike: Park at the Sunset Ranch horse stables ( 3400 N Beachwood Dr), follow signs for the Hollywood Ridge Trail.
Hollywood Walk of Fame // 2 minute walk
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is comprised of more than 2,500 stars in the sidewalk— permanent public monuments to achievement in the entertainment industry. Free and open to the public.
Attend a Show Recording
Check out the WOMMA Summit agenda, then visit this listing of TV show recordings, and we’ll cross our fingers that tickets are available and you are able to be in a live studio audience. C’mon down, you’re the next contestant on the Price is Right!
The Entertainment Capital of Los Angeles includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and studio tour and the Universal Citywalk. Enjoy entertainment, shopping and dining.
Hollywood & Highland Shopping Center // 5 minute walk
Enjoy over 70 brand-name retailers, and 25 full-service and fast-casual restaurants
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sitting on the south-facing slope of Mount Hollywood, the observatory is a popular attraction with an array of space and science-related displays. Admission is free. Website
Lucky Strike Bowling // 5 minute walk
Home to the filming of “The Big Lebowski,” Lucky Strike is a live music venue with 12 bowling lanes. Bowl a friendly game with fellow marketers, enjoy the delicious bar and food menu, but keep your eyes peeled, you never know who you’re going to see there.
We are looking forward to seeing you next week. If you are looking for someone to go sightseeing, eating or shopping with, tweet @WOMMA and we might be available to hang out, or know someone who is.
Safe travels, everyone!
- Meet the Newly Elected 2017 WOMMA Board of Directors - November 1, 2016
- WOMMA Announces 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees, WOMMY Awards Finalists - October 3, 2016
- Join Team WOMMA: Two Open Positions Announced - September 14, 2016
- IZEAfest Offers Discounted Tickets for Brand & Agency WOMMA Members - July 13, 2015
- Case Study: How Weight Watchers is Putting People at the Heart of its Marketing - November 14, 2014
- New WOMMA Board of Directors - November 13, 2014
- 4 Marketing to Moms Trends Your Brand Should Follow In 2015 - November 12, 2014
- Reinventing Business in the Social Age - November 11, 2014
- 10 Things to do in Hollywood, California at #WOMMAsummit - November 10, 2014
- Goldilocks and Social Media – Too Much, Too Little and Just Right - November 4, 2014